Friday, November 23, 2012

Handmade Holiday Card Blog Hop


I am so excited to be part of this Handmade Holiday blog hop along with some very talented ladies. Make sure you follow along so you can see some amazing homemade cards and enter to win some blog candy cuz we all like candy, right? I will post all the links to each of the blogs at the end of this post.

I decided to make my Holiday card tone on tone with a pop of color and what a better color than white. It reminds me of winter and snow. Now it never snows here in southern Arizona, but one can dream… ya know like the song “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas”. Well I am really dreaming!

Ok so here is what I used for this Winter Snowflake card

Card base is 4.5 x 5.5 inch
Glitter cardstock 4.25 x 5.25 inch
White cardstock 4 x 5 inch embossed using a Tim Holtz Snowflake embossing folder.
Glitter cardstock strip 4 x ¾ inch
Sliver snowflake from Michaels
Recollection covered button from Michaels

The card is simple but elegant. I love the glitter of the back ground, the glitter strip and the snowflake, looks just like the real thing to me! Hope you enjoyed the hop so far, maybe even got a little inspiration.  

Now if you follow my blog and leave a comment I will enter you in a little blog candy. Here is a picture of the items I will be sending to the lucky winner! Thanks again and Happy Holidays… Don’t forget to follow along to the next post! 

7 comments:

  1. Simply adorable. Nice job. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Char!! This card is amazingly beautiful and definately does look like "snow" with the glitter. Love the simplicity also! The old addage, "Less is more", definately applies to this. Hug!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really make such beautiful cards I Love them !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the button on the snowflake...just the right focal piece for this beautiful card...thanks,.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is gorgeous, it is no secret I love glitter and you have made such a simple but sooo classy card here, I think this is my favorite card thus far for christmas this year! Super pretty and girlie! Love it! ~Kelly (walkelmol on youtube)

    ReplyDelete